Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mail Day and My Friends

We have mail day twice a month down here on the island. Two days for all the incoming and outgoing mail. I look forward to these days. Yesterday was a special day. Yesterday, I received an invitation to enjoy at my leisure a FREE MINI-SUBSRIPTION TO PEOPLE MAGAZINE. A letter came with this limited offer and I tell you what, I learned a few things! It stated:

PEOPLE
Once a week for 4 weeks.
The perfect therapy for your mind, heart and soul.

I HAD NO IDEA. I've seen a People Magazine. In fact, I was flipping through Tami's at lunch yesterday. No one ever told me that it was the perfect therapy for my mind, heart, AND soul! You would think that would be common knowledge. The letter addressed to Dear Friend, read on...

Each issue of People provides a refreshing mix of celebrities and real-life heroes. Just 4 star studded issues will make you feel like a new person.

Again, I had NO IDEA the power People seems to wield. I'll feel like a new person... amazing. Then it gets better (I'm thinking at this point, "It can't get better than this?" but it does, indeed).

Steal moments with Johnny Depp or Jude Law over your morning coffee. Then, for an afternoon of pure bliss, curl up with your favorite armchair and catch up with friends old and new - like Julia Roberts or Jennifer Aniston.

PURE BLISS... did you read that? I'm in for PURE BLISS. I've got to be honest. I didn't even know I was friends with Julia and Jennifer. I wonder how many other old and new friends I have? My letter goes on to tell me that I should consider making PEOPLE a part of my regular routine... my heart and soul will reap the benefits.

Who knew?

6 comments:

stevie said...

Does pure bliss come with a pricetag? I sure hope not.

Kate D said...

Pure bliss came when I saw those YL camp photos! I think one of my favorite sequences was the one of Armando looking like he was going to burst a vein trying to get Jesse down, followed by the one where parece que Jesse is decking Armando. Ahhh yes, the football game at camp. Thank you for posting those. It obviously stirred me enough to get me to step with slight trepidation into the comment page. Vive Mail Day!

myleswerntz said...

i was talking with brad...brad pitt, that is...the other day, and he told me that Angelina was real hot, but that the Dominicans were the new hotness. Is that true?

zenner's said...

We would like to extend a warm welcome to Kate D on the comment page! Hooray!

stevie... I'm not sure how mucha pure bliss subscription costs per month, but I can ask my new friends.
myles... orlando (bloom that is) told me that new hotness is eating food off of naked people in California, but i've yet to see it.

Anonymous said...

Um...I'm with kate in the sentiments of loving the vida joven photos. sigh. i ache.

Sean said...

Hamster said "shitter".