Friday, August 19, 2005

Spiderbreath

I'm reading a book about a guy who is very bitter towards lizards. He was a boy when Fidel came down from the mountain. Eventually, the boys parents cracked under the tyranny of equality and made a decision far too many parents had to make in Cuba those days. They sent him to the United States, alone and orphaned, with only the clothes on his back.

The lizards however got to stay in Cuba, unaffected by the spreading communist infection.

He thought that was pretty unfair and has since harbored an intense bitterness towards lizards.

I think this is a shame. I love lizards. I have them all over my office. One was perched on my laptop when I opened it this morning, waiting to IM his lizard friends I guess. He's too little to open the computer himself so I assume he was waiting patiently for me to come along.








But the little guy left before even emailing a single fellow lizard.

I assume it was to eat some spiders.

And it is for this very reason that I gladly welcome, nay, embrace any lizard who would consider sharing office space with me.

I despise those dastardly eight legged demons. And most of them I run into are the hairy kind that actually make an audible "hiss" when you get too close.

Spiders should not be able to make audible sounds.

Feast my lizard friends, feast.

2 comments:

Shane said...

why would you get close enough to hear a hissing sound?

zenner's said...

kevin your email was scary.
cr