Thursday, August 18, 2005

Our First Sonogram



A few things I was not expecting.


I was not expecting to be writhing in pain upon returning from the beach Monday night. I was not expecting my husband to insist on taking me to the hospital Tuesday morning. I was not expecting the doctor to request full lab work, a sonogram and a pelvic exam. I was not expecting the lady to look at me, hold up a cup and announce... "dame tu pipi aqui." I was not expecting to be lying on my back, Jesse holding my hand, jelly all over my tummy and a french-dominican doctor revealing shadowy black and whites of my insides.... wait hold on a minute how did i get here?

I'll tell you how. Mofongo. Yep. I ate some and it did me in. I have "abundantes bacterias" in my guts. So right about now you are thinking that I'm expelling in every which direction... not so. I have yet to expell anything at all (a problem in and of itself). I do have what is known as severe abdominal cramping. This is a phrase that has always eludded me. After all, on all boxes and mediactions it tells you to consult a physican if severe abdominal cramping occurs. Now, all you ladies out there can support me on this one... i've had cramps so bad in the past it makes one reconsider ever birthing a child. HOWEVER... i've come to learn that is NOT in fact severe abdominal cramping. I NOW have severe abdominal cramping and it is very uncomfortable... i suggest thinking of it as truly painful.

So that is my little update. sigh. I should be getting a prescription from the doctor today. He wanted to wait until my test results were in before prescribing... procrastinator! Pray my body quickly murders these little things...

mucho amour.
chels

6 comments:

bt said...

Gadzooks!! I thought it was a baby when I saw that sonogram in the blog! :-o

Much grace and MUCHO amor and may He drive out those little demons from your body in the Name of Jesus!

Our prayers are with you dear ones!

shantijoy said...

Whoa! You need to be careful posting sonograms... I read from the bottom up to figure out when you announced you were pregnant! I hope you feel better soon, sweet girl!

myleswerntz said...

yeah, go easy on the old ticker. i about fell out of my chair when i saw a sonogram.

Anonymous said...

Chels...seriously...my heart truly did skip a beat when I read "sonogram"...I was about to get Kaytie Klotz, oops, Johnston on the phone to have a little discussion...praying that the Lord would heal your body and mend it so that you may conitnue to do His work with good health!!

Shane said...

i am praying for you, sweet chelsea

zenner's said...

HEALED! Glory! glory. Glory