Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Fireman and The Fireball

I love Halloween. I've always loved Halloween. I wasn't raised going to 'Fall Festivals' at church... I was raised on Halloween. My first costume was the plastic jumper kind with the plastic mask... I was Snoopy. Then my next debut was as a wicked witch. I think mom and I miscommunicated when I said 'I want to be a witch for Halloween' because when she went to apply a big putty wart to my nose I started crying... I explained to her that although I was wearing a black sheeth-like robe and tall pointed hat, I wanted to be a pretty witch. Along the way there was the punk rocker decade, a poodle skirt thrown in there somewhere and I think wonder woman, but I'm not sure. Anyway. Jackson was a Fireman this year and Conner a Fireball. I tried to coax Jesse into letting me buy one of those cute outfits where only the babies face shows... like a lobster or dragon or lion. Jesse said no... he feels it's mean. He feels bad that the little babies can't defend themselves.


No comments: