Friday, October 05, 2007

Jackson, meet nature.

I do apologize for my empty promises. I haven't been around the blog lately. I'm sorry, Kate, I haven't updated due to the fact I've been busy introducing Jackson to nature. We haven't an African safari close by, nor beach, nor lovely dominican mountain road... but we DO have Pick-Your-Own-Apple-Orchards. Which are very nice and yummy.

I miss all my beautiful friends that are scattered about the world right now. Some people have everyone they love in a 40 mile radius, i'm one of the other people whose heart is always stretched across almost every ocean. Africa. Chile. China. Dominican Republic. Puerto Rico. the American Northeast, Midwest, South... I should say that as much as I ache to gather you all up and enjoy your company on the patio this evening... I love that you are there, wherever it is you happen to find yourself today, the things you see, the people you're with. I'm a better person, I have a wider soul, because we're friends.

So if you want to come over I can offer you some apple pie, or baby apple sauce... whatever your preference.




6 comments:

Steven Manuel said...

Pie.

steph alease said...

sauce.

Kate D said...

and this is why i was longing for the updated blog...it hardly ever disappoints.

how good are you at apple crisp?

Shane said...

fritters?

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried a little habanero sauce in your apple pie? Hatch chiles also work well.

shantijoy said...

I miss you. I love babies and apples.