Monday, April 24, 2006

The Line Between This Generation's Art and Bad Wedding Reception Music Turns Out To Be Quite Thin.

negro-ninja serious art

There was funky China men/ from funky Chinatown
They were trapping them up/They were trapping them down
It's an ancient Chinese art/And everybody knew their part
From a fainting, to a slip/And a kickin' from the hip

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting
Those kids were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit fright'ning
But they fought with expert timing

There was funky Billie Jim and little Sammy Chong
He said, here comes the big boss/ let's get it on
We took the bow and made a stand/Started swaying with the hand
A sudden motion made me skip/Now we're into a brand new trip

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting
Those kids were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit fright'ning
But they did it with expert timing


and


Her name is Yoshimi/she's a black belt in karate
Working for the city/she has to discipline her body
Cause she knows that/it's demanding/to defeat theseEvil machines
I know she can beat them

Oh Yoshimi/They don't believe me
But you won't let those Robots defeat me
Oh Yoshimi/They don't believe me
But you won't let thoseRobots eat me

Those evil natured robots/they're programmed toDestroy us
She's gotta be strong to fight them/So she's taking lots of vitamins
Cause she knows that/It'd be tragic if those evil robots win
I know She can beat them.

8 comments:

Ryan said...

you should be a lawyer.

myleswerntz said...

shame on you. their new album plays nice with others.

Anonymous said...

I don't really have anything intelligent to say about your latest post...but the new picture at the top of your page makes me nostalgic. what IS that stuff anyway? haha....i mean, jeje....

zenner's said...

yeah kat. i find that i really don't think anymore and haven't much to say... so i just take pictures.

i do like me some flaming lips though... you should check 'em out.

Sean said...

Ryan--you are amusing to watch, and I mean your one-liners are some of the best in the business right now.

Myles--I haven't listened to their new album yet (nor have I had the opportunity to hear Loose Fur), but your words give me cause for joyful anticipation of the day when I do get to listen.

Kaytie--I don't know you, but you sound like a wonderful person.

Cardinal Zen--you should be a lawyer. (Actually I think you should take me fishing.)

Dominicans--I see that you know Kaytie. I don't think I know her. Kara got a digital camera the other day, though, in anticipation of vacations and pictures that might be hanging on her walls one day.

And now, on to what I really wanted to say: Hamster, I think comparing Rancid and Cyndi Lauper was clever, but bring up Hall and Oates was just too over-the-line. I am the internet police, and I think you owe everyone an apology.

Besides, I'm surprised at you for not mentioning Tom Petty's SHE'S THE ONE, especially in conjuction with Tom Jones' SHE'S A LADY. You're starting to slip in your old age, my friend.

myleswerntz said...

MIKE AND THE MECHANICS!

bonus points for their association with Genesis. Say what you will; Genesis kicked ass in their day, soft-rock style.

the new Lips is a little more accessible than some of their more wild stuff. Soft Bullitten for me remains the standard. Jesse, a thousand, nay, a million apologies for thinking you were dissing. can i buy you two beers when you come stateside?

zenner's said...

and if you're just given it away i'll take a good ole' shiner

myleswerntz said...

okay, so two shiners and a bell's two hearted spleen. anybody else? i'm making a run this afternoon after choir practice.