Monday, November 21, 2005

Things Jack Johnson Videos Never Mentioned About Surfing


1. "Paddling Out." Strap the board to your ankle, hit the water stomach down on the board and paddle to a spot known as "outside the waves". I don't remember this part taking the guys from "One Endless Summer" and hour but that's what it took me. I also don't recall a single Brian Wilson tune about how after approximately thirty seconds of "paddling out" you feel like both your arms are on fire. After one hour, two burning appendages, three gallons of swallowed saltwater I made to the mythical spot "outside." Brian my surfing buddy, (who kindly said "follow me" when we hit the water and then proceeded to somehow motor about 100 yards out in about 15 seconds), congratulated me when after all my labor finally made it. "Your outside the waves man, good j..oh wait....."

CRASH! FOAM!CORAL! (and note..) NO SURFING!

One hour of progress erased in five seconds.



2."Rashguards." These are the tight-ass shirts surfers wear to keep from RUBBING THEIR NIPPLES OFF. My wife called me sexy and I immediately filed it under "things wives are required to say."








3. "Sex Wax." You put wax on your board for friction. This wax is sometimes called Sex Wax."Sex and friction? Stumped. (My wife's observation.)

4. Not Fun.

Ready for another go.

4 comments:

travis said...

JESSE- I MISS YOU LIKE... WELL, I AM NOT SURE WHAT I MISS YOU LIKE, BUT I MISS YOU REALLY BAD.
I WOULD GIVE SOMETHING VALUABLE TO HAVE YOU BACK IN MY LIFE. WHEN GOD HAS YOU LEAVE THE DC I THINK YOU SHOULD BE CALLED TO NATIVE AMERICANS AND COME LIVE WITH US (CHELSEA CAN COME TOO, WE'D LOVE THAT). CALL ME, EMAIL ME, SOMETHING.
TRAVIS MULLEN
TAMULLEN@MESKWAKI.ORG
PH 641.328-4917

Shane said...

an hour of physical exertion for nothing, tight ass shirts, and sex wax - no wonder i have never tried surfing before

jumping off cliffs - now that is fun!

Esue said...

Jeremy gave snowboarding one hell of a shot though. As I plummeted out of control down the slopes behind him, I damn near impaled him with my right ski while he was resting his toush for the next go-round. I'm glad for us both that I missed.

zenner's said...

oh snowboarding. sigh. oh snowboarding. what if i never do it again. i think about that sometimes. about the growing likelihood that the end has come. oh the cruelty.
cr