Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"That's A Big Damn Twinkie" Reason One: The Food

You've heard the murmurs and the rumors and the poosers. And yet you remain undecided. Well I'm here to push you friend..challenge by choice if you will.

Last year it was pan fried shrimp with a bit of lemon and tobasco, fresh made black bean dip, cheescake and the crown jewel of the evening...Cuban Spiced Pork Tenderloin. Ask anyone who attended last years gathering (that would be Gabe and Bethany Douglas and my wife, but am I bitter?), the eats was good.

So that brings us to this year. I was thinking of starting with a bit of this. Then I thought we might move onto a little of this or if you are more inclined and I can master the technique how bout this. Not a fan of the raw? No worry, maybe You'll enjoy these. Frightened of the chill that will be in the air in St. Louis in December? How bout a nice cup of this or a bowel of this east coast favorite. And for the topper? Well I could always bring this back. Or maybe try something new. Dessert anyone?

All right. I have a whole day to prepare, some wonderful women to do it with (wife and mom) and one of these. How could you miss it?

Just make sure you bring plenty of this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. How can I be expected to wait until 1pm for lunch when you post pictures of food like that. Oh wait, counter it with a photo of Dan Akroyd and I have no issues with huger pains, appetite gone.

stevie said...

There's rice coming out of your pork.

Esue said...

Look at you JR, integrating barnabas ropes course lingo into your pursuasive essay. I might just come!

Sean said...

I'll be there, and I'll bring Kara. I think I'm gonna ask the Mr. & Mrs. Hamster if we can hang out with them some that weekend. It might be fun to do that.

Sean said...

Im not sure why I'm thinking out loud on the comment section of this blog. Just for the record.