Thursday, October 13, 2005

School days/school days/learn the Golden Rule days.












I've never liked school pictures. It has always been a demoralizing experience. My parents had the 8x10 of my 3rd grade picture framed in our living room for years. It might still even be there... toothless grin and all. I never gave out a school picture until the 6th grade... and that was a one time fluke. At least Jesse seems to be enjoying himself, floating in the misty gray haze.

I have two more confessions to make. The night before last Jesse and I entertained ourselves for a good 3o minutes by making shadow puppets in the sin electricity candlelight. He's got quite an eye for it. Also, while drifting off to sleep last night I somehow mentioned that I really liked the show Perfect Strangers when I was young. I believe I said I thought Balky Bartokamus (?) was funny and that I loved him. It went something like this "That show was great. I loved Balky, he was so funny." sigh.

The loss of evening light is getting to me. One can only handle so much time in the dark.

5 comments:

zenner's said...

right... well getting your picture taken in front of a gang of high school students is terrifying...still. being in the line of fire makes one square their shoulders. I use only essential and natural oils and berries. which as of late took the form of bar soap when the good stuff ran out.

bossom buddies was greatness... thanks for bring those memories to the surface. warm fuzzies of tall athletic socks and running in the park.
cr

Esue said...

Jess, you are looking so pastoral these days! I think I've seen you in a tie maybe twice! Those chin tilt pics of you chels are always my fave! And Balky??? Really??? I can understand a John Stamos crush or something, but Balky? Maybe that was an early sign of your travel bug or something!:)

stevie said...

40 year old men should not be married to 17 year old girls. It's... not right.

zenner's said...

Tell that to our friend Jeff.

stevie said...

I can't tell you how delightful that comeback is for me. It produced a knowing, smirking nod, with my eyes closed. Thanks for being there for me.