Friday, January 18, 2008

Don't Let Your Left Hand See What You've Done To Your Right; He'll Puke

This will be by far the most disgusting blog you've seen today. Let that serve as your warning.

The message this post is driving at has been said millions of times in a million different ways:

"That which you abuse, you're liable to lose."

"Ignore your teeth and they'll go away."

"Keep playing with it and it'll fall off."

In essence, mistreat things and those things start to disappear.

Well, if the five fingers on my right hand had a social worker, they'd be putting calls in to discuss options of temporary placement, because I've been treating them worse than Ike treated Tina.

Devoted readers of this blog know the horrors the Dominican bestowed upon my right hand.
Too much of me pitching batting practice to my highshcool team and not enough protective netting led to my run in with these guys:

and eventually this:




Chels and I refer to it as the Dominican Finger. Next time we're together I'll show it to you and we'll laugh, together at the right angle my Dominican doctor called a "SUCCESS!"






Well as if that wasn't enough, last week I went and had a run in with a beer bottle. I think the bottle won:

Seriously everyone. If you know of a good home, I have five little ones just looking for a little security.

5 comments:

Esue said...

Oof. That definitely earns a beer in the ear.

Sean said...

I am glad I wasn't there, or puked I might've. Shucks, dude.

Anonymous said...

we need more of this in blogging - more flesh and blood, less clever and cliche. i will drink beer tonight in an attempt to drum you up an empathetic sequel. thanx.

Shane said...

I want to know more of how this run in with the beer bottle did this - was there anger involved, too much beer, etc.... HA!

Mr. Douglass said...

i am willing to bet quantity of beer factored heavily in this mangled flesh of a digit.

after about nine or ten, you shouldn't be in the wood shop, buddy.