Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Sam To My Frodo The Click To My Clack

My wife is my hero.

This past weekend we were up to our old tricks. By that I mean cleaning the apartment. Chels was on laundry. I was hanging a mirror in our bathroom. I grabbed up the mirror with both hands and found this fellow hanging out on the rear side:













Let's call him vile demon-spider. He didn't seem to enjoy me moving the mirror much and with quickness obviously aided by his demon-spider special powers jumped from the mirror to my hand, up my arm and onto the sink.
Heroically, I fainted.

But just before he climbed atop my chest to suck the very soul from my helpless and unconscious being, Chels got him with a flip-flop. It looked kind of like this:






That's me there on the ground. And the sword should be a flip-flop.
After killing the vile demon-spider she told me to wrap its evil corpse in toilet paper and put it in the trash. I did, but only after she told me it was "okay" several times.
Boy she's great.

5 comments:

Sean said...

I am glad you all made it out ok. Except for the spider. I'm glad it was destroyed.

Bonnie aka Truffles said...

I will call Chels, if my spider-killing-hero-#1 is not here to do such buisness.

I'm fond of all creatures great and small, and usually do not support killing a spider just because it happened to find itself INSIDE instead of OUTSIDE, but I would make an exception in this case.

zenner's said...

i too consider not giving the death blow to the big guy... i considered the 'scoop and release outside with a magazine' move... but then he moved, fast, he moved very fast. he obviously was not stunned to stillness by my presence. so it was him or me.

sometime your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Steph said...

I have more respect for Jesse than ever before...I bet Peepee would have hit the floor too!

Fast vile-demon-spiders are the are very alarming!

Chels,
You exhibit the Proverbs 31 woman to a tee. I seem to recall something like "She kills demon-spiders without a second thought." That is one of the verses--idn't it?

Anonymous said...

did you really pass out jesse?

jeremy