Thursday, June 01, 2006

If only comic book heros wore great shoes!

I have only recently ventured into the world of comic book characters... via the esposo. I've actually seen EVERY movie in the last 15 months that is based on a comic book. I find it all very interesting. The story lines, the super powers, the whatnot. I think Batman really got the bottom of the barrel when it came to super powers (though Jesse keeps trying to convince me Batman is some kind of super-ninja and could probably beat Spiderman). So this is fun... I'm enjoying this... only, I think the movies would be more fun to watch if the superheros wore really great shoes (excluding Sin City because even I was too distracted to notice the 4 inch stilettos on the hookers). After all, while Jesse was collecting comic books as a youngster, I was collecting shoes. If there were more really great shoes in comic book movies, take Wonder Woman's killer boots for example, this would be the perfect collision of interests.

Below are my recommendations taken from the Santiago Christian School 2006 Junior/Senior Banquet... where, once again, I amused myself in the void of quality entertainment by looking for really great shoes. [kevin you might want to divert your eyes on this one dear]

3 comments:

Esue said...

Those pumps would make me 6'4. Frightnin'.

zenner's said...

kev. i do what i can sweet. cheers.

citizen. good of you to drop buy. i knew that the batman comment would draw criticism... yet i do believe being a pissed of 'regular' guy means, by definition, you got the short end on super powers. i love the bat. He is good and well intentioned... just not very super-powered.

however, lizard... you in those heels! VERY super-powered.

Suzanne said...

i raise a big 'hear ye' to the batman. he graces the fair city of gotham with his non-super-powered self and graces my fair ankle with his non-cookie-crumb-shaped bat signal.

i personally think the coolest super power i have come across is the ability to always be appropriately dressed. and i believe mr. bruce wayne may just fall into that category.