Friday, May 12, 2006

Substitute

Dear friends,

Jesse has his first Father and Son baseball game this Saturday. I think this is a big deal. I'm not trying to make a mountain from a mole hill... but it's just not everyday a man has his first run around the bases and time at the plate on the same team as his son. It's a special time, sacred I'll venture to say. One thing I have learned from my husband is that baseball is the creme in the oreo that is holding this world together. (Hark, I think I hear the theme song from The Natural playing in the background) The problem is, Jesse is sans son for this Saturday's game. If he had told me earlier the middle school team he coaches was planning a Father/Son game then maybe I could have been better prepared. It's not like I can go out and just buy a son with only a few days notice. sheesh. So herein lies my request...would any of you be able to fill in, or know someone who can? The game is this Saturday at noon. Thanks for your help guys. I hope Jes doesn't have to be the only one out there without a son. I'll owe you one.

Love,
Chels

6 comments:

Sean said...

Jesse taught me how to smoke, cuss, and enjoy a good bout of adults wearing tights jumping around in a ring hitting each other with two-by-fours and throwing tacks down to make the hurt really really hurt.

But I can't make it on such short notice. Sorry.

Ryan said...

I taught jesse everything he knows.
You're welcome.

Vince said...

jesse doesn't even know my sons but he could have one for the game. he will probably want to use the eldest as the youngest is not much for walking or swinging a bat. i have placed our eldest in a box and he should be to your doorstep in 3-4 weeks. please change his pants when he arrives. he doesn't really like green beans or short pants. brush his teeth after his bath every night. he has just learned what his 'pee-pee' is and we are trying to teach him not to play with it too much. enjoy.

Gabe M.D. said...

wince brack made me laugh out loud. the significance of jesse, his dad, and special baseball games is an amazing thing. tell jesse that my blog misses him.

zenner's said...

wince... much appreciated, though did I mention we recently had a change of address? if your boy gets back to you it's because we didn't give one of those yellow slips to the post office. commies. we're trying to slip under the radar.

you are all fine, fine humans. gracias for the help.

Vince said...

well, that's just great. thanks for the update. our boy is going to be in that box for up to 6 weeks. i have two major concerns. 1.) i am wondering if we packed enough capri sun. 2.) i hope he doesn't go blind.