Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Apparently Arnold Schwarzenegger writes for Dominican Today

Iran says no to girly sportsmen
Tehran.– Iran's hardline Islamic regime has had enough of footballers with long hair and plucked eyebrows.
"I will ban athletes with an effeminate look," the head of the country's Physical Education Organization, Mohammad Ali-Abadi said, told the Etemad-Melli newspaper.
"It is really disgraceful for Iran that young people step onto fields wearing make-up," the top official fumed.
"When a man enters the field with dyed hair and groomed eyebrows he is disrespecting society."
The paper said Ali-Abadi appeared to be particularly worried about footballers, and warned that "even though they get away with it now, they will be disqualified in the future". As reported on Dominican TodayGoodness... I mean, forget just reading Lolita in Tehran... that country is out of control. Good thing the regime is cracking down. Good thing those fuming regime-ies are going to kick out those who affront society with their effeminine girly man junk. Whew. Though, I like a man with a nice set of eyebrows. I didn't even know nicely groomed eyebrows were disrespectful to society. I guess you really do learn something new everyday. Unibrow or die... or disqualify!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

usa today: Iran changes name to He-ran. What about Me-ran or You-ran? I prefer We-ran or Us-ran. She-ranians have rights too. Whatever it takes to get Iran on the soccer map.

"we don't want to play on sand anymore" -Abdul

Anonymous said...

The quality of comments on this page just sky-rocketed.

Better step it up people. This rookie is on his game.

Vince said...

I wonder if he is related to Paula?

Opposites attract.

stevie said...

What do they say about nicely groomed BACK hair? I don't want my favorite back-wings-sporting friend to be disqualified for ANY reason.

Your answer to this question will cue me for potential protests.

myleswerntz said...

no back hair here, but the unibrow keeps bearing down on me. here's to unshaven burly slobs! (clink).