Friday, April 28, 2006

oh, oswald

"The great point of Abraham's faith in God was that he was there to obey God, no matter if it went against his own beliefs. Abraham was not a devotee of his convictions, or he would have slain Issac and said that
the voice of the angel was the voice of the devil."

Holy crap old oswald is right! I do this. God says something to you and then no matter what it becomes the only thing He is ever allowed to say. Any change, any alteration, any movement away from those words in stone is blasphmy, rebellion and disobedience... even the words of the Lord's own messengers. sheesh. How much of an idol do I make of His Words over His Voice and the movement of His Holy Spirit?

How does Oswald always seem to do this?

Lord save me in ways that surprise me.

"...God will lead you straight through every barrier into the inner chamber of the knowledge of Himself; but there is always this point of giving up convictions and traditional beliefs."

3 comments:

Sean said...

I thought Jesse wrote the post b/c of the pimp slap business. But it just occurred to me that the pimp slap maybe wasn't the intentional link, or something?

That last sentence I wrote, reread that, only image Terri Gross saying it.

Ryan said...

Speak on that, sista.
Jesse, I think you're onto something there... maybe fishing isn't as great an alternative as I had once thought.

Steph said...

Chels,
A couple of days ago, Totila told us what you had written here and I was curious enough to check it out. Thanks for writing this. Paragraph 2 rocks and kicks my butt.