Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Clear And Present Danger

"David, you made it, good. Do you think you were followed?"

"No sir. There was a scorpion for a while but I lost him at the fence."

"Christ man! Are you okay?"

"It's nothing new. Comes with the territory."

"Well don't mess with Texas I guess. David, how's Kathy, ...and the little ones?"

"Fine sir."

"Good. I'm anxious to see them again."

"Mr. President, did you ask me here tonight to discuss my wife and kids?"

"Ahh...David, ever the 'action man'."

"It's what you pay me for sir."

"Right, right. Well, David, its just a nasty situation for all involved."

"Nasty...Mr. President, have you seen the press? There's an insurgence brewing. I think we passed 'nasty' months ago."

"I've read the goddamn papers David! Just remember who's neck is on the line here! I made promises David! Promises I intend to keep. It's your job too you know."

"Actually sir the polls have no baring on my employment what-so-ever."

"Right, well I guess that's precisely what makes you fit to do what it is you do."

"Mr. President, for the preservation of your administration, let alone your personal safety, its best that you know nothing of what it is I do."

"Well that brings us to it then, the 'preservation of the administration'. David, every day that Gonzales is allowed to be in operation, illegal trafficking is on the rise. The economy is shot to hell. Unemployment is skyrocketing. My administration...I, not to put to fine a point on it, am made to look more and more like a blubbering fool with every shipment of cheddar he brings across the border. When they laughed at the cat, it was one thing. I could laugh with them..."

"Until you let the press link him to this office."

"And the whole thing only made him more of a hero, I know, I know! But their were cogs in place that fell for that."

"Cutter, Ritter...by my count you're running low on cogs sir."

"GODDAMMIT!!! Why does he have to be so fucking fast!"

"They all have bare spots Mr. President...the rabbit, the bird, the skunk. The word is Gonzales' weak link is women. He is 'friends to everyone's seester', they say."

"Well, something has to be done David, something."

"What is it you're saying sir."

"Exactly what needs to be said and nothing more. (deep breath) Senior Gonzales represents a clear and present danger to this nation and its mice."

"Very good Mr. President."

1 comment:

Sean said...

Is this from A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER or WALKER, TEXAS RANGER?

Either way, I hope its not from either, but you personally wrote this for a new syndicated tv show you want me to star in.