Friday, February 03, 2006

It's true.

Okay. It is true... the Robertson's are seeking out a little nook of healthy living in which to live out our days. The fact is, most of the time I have no clue about the contents of what I am eating or using. Here's the deal, I have questions. Many questions about the content of my food, products, medications, and so on and so forth. I have, however, an average of about 60 minutes exposure to the internet a day and the Santiago Christian School Library is lacking in its healthy living information section. Entonces... tell me what you know. I am unabashedly willing to riding on the shoulders of those who have gone before us. Email me at the myrtle.

Also. We got married. Yep, another true fact. And for those of you seeking a visual to said nupital... I've been nine months in the posting of them. They are now there.... on the left sidebar. Right.

And. Us Robertson's will be joining other handy folk in the building of a house with the Habitat for Humanity Saturday. Dominican construction sometimes tends to be a tragedy in some cases. Fours years ago a brand new movie theater collasped its third night open. Or somthing like that. I assure you we are not building a Movie Theater for Humanity... but in any case we will be using sharp objects. I being the most kultz one of the union ask that grace, peace and corrdination be beseeched on our behalf... should we be injured our insurance won't cover it... something about willful endangerment. Or something like that.

"Do you know how to eat a pear?" I heard one sixth grader ask another this morning. Hmmm... food for thought.

3 comments:

Esue said...

the pics are so much fun to look at! that was right before i got my camera so I got NOTHING to show for that weekend till now...beautiful!

Sean said...

Eating pears is much easier than finding a perfectly ripe pear. My granny had a pear tree so I saw first-hand that whole dang process.

The tree flowers. Pears form. Pears fall to the ground. DONT EAT THEM YET. In fact, you probably COULDN'T eat them. They're hard as a rock. No, don't eat them. Actually, you wrap them up in newpaper and let them set in the garage for a couple of weeks, and then they're soft enough to eat and ripe. Except, they might be too ripe.

If you get them from the store then you don't have to cure them yourself, but good luck not eating it before its ripe or after its too ripe. Pears are altoghter too much work.

Anonymous said...

hey...pass along any interesting stuff people email you about...i am recently more interested in this area as well...of course...because we always think the same things at the same times...i love that...