Friday, January 27, 2006

Honey, I'm Late.

Lot's of good things come from lateness. Like babies, free airline miles and
these:


Number One: My new shoes. Umm...hi my name is Jesse..(Hi Jesse!) and...uh.. I've worn orthopedic shoe inserts. In jr. high I sported the Jordans. In fact, I still have my pair of red and white 85's. At some point in highschool I switched to the Vans per the Grunge Guide To Anti-Style page 34. Since that time my shoe allegiances have been mostly determined by budgetary constraints. I bottomed out awhile ago. Things were real rough... and before I knew it, I found myself at the shoe store purchasing a pair of Nike "walking shoes" along with some Dr. Schoel's cushioned inserts. Bill, my sponsor, said it was a cry for help. But thanks to the support of a loving community and some sweet-ass Macbeth London II's, I'm proud to admit I'm back on the wagon (or is it off the wagon...). I just hit the one month mark and am proud to say that thanks to their support staff and commitment to the indie music scene, I haven't even been tempted to go back once. I just wish I'd known sooner...perhaps I wouldln't have lost the wife and kids.

Number Two: My favorite album of 2005.

Very, very late on this one. How late? I found my favorite record of 2005 in 2006. Take the Flaming Lips, replace the gimmicks with talent, and you have Mr. Stevens. (Not that I'm ripping the FL's. Im looking forward to this.)

Other notable "Honey I'm lates..":

Arcade Fire's Funeral...

Oh, and as it turns out 81 points is good but its not 10,000.

Here's to those of us that can score without the ball.

1 comment:

zenner's said...

j... i had no idea i had you to thank for the Soft Bulletin. That love was passed on to me and I am ever so thankful. gracias!