Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Surfwax DR


















The article is so named due to the fact that my wife would not allow me to name the blog itself as such. Seeing as how I do not surf, I am neither tan nor hairless enough, I relented.

Well we are arrived. And while outside men do landscaping with nothing more than machetes, I am in my office, blogging. Thus, the polarity that is the Dominican Republic. With glitches that can be at worst described as minor, my wife and I are settling in nicely. Our luggage: arrived. Our apartment: painted. Our showers: wet. Mostly.

The inauguaral post of our blog will be relatively brief and informational. Unforced Rhythms of Grace will be our primary way to comminicate with you our community concerning the goings-on in Santiago; an attempt to do all the things we would do were we with you: laugh, cry, verbally process, confess need, confess sin, ask for prayer, pray for, and hoist a drink now and then. Seanboy, we may even try a little backgammon. Other than that you will get attempts at witticisms and reflections on various subjects.

So let's jump right in. Here are things my wife and I are asking the LORD to show Himself concerning. Join us won't you?

1. Pray for us and our apartment. Its a great place. Have you ever been anywhere where the peace of the LORD seems to rest heavily? You walk in and immediately feel like curling up and taking a nap? Its as if Jesus Himself said "come to me and find rest, I'll be at the Douglas' or the Langford's". Do you know these kind of people and their homes? If not, go to either College Station or Bolivar, get fetal, sleep for a while, and when you wake up Mark or Joe will be there with some tripped out encouragement straight from the heart of the Father and maybe some beer. Anyways...my wife and I want this for ourselves, our home and the folks that come into our home.

2. A car. Or the funds with which to purchase one. They are expensive boogers down here, all hopped up on import taxes.


Perhaps eventually we will be savy enough to have a portion of the blog purely devoted to prayer concerns.This will do for now.

Check out our friend's blogs.

Pictures and audio will follow.

Laters



8 comments:

bt said...

Well, bowl us over with a feather!

Jesse and Chelsea in the DR!!!

Maybe some explanations, guys, are necessary to the vast majority of your friends ... what are you doing there? This sounds more than just a belated honeymoon or tourist trip! With a vested interest in that nation and one of those dear folks also being the love of my life, I think we have some overdue explanations to pass on. Right, Jesse?!?

And hey! How about some pictures from the wedding?!?

Looking forward to connecting more here in the future!

Love and greetings from the T Tribe.
bt

travis said...

Good to hear from you, kind of.
I went to your Cardinal Zen link. And holy crap (pun intended), I loved it! I didn't know you were that smart though.
John White is coming up this weekend and we are going to a taping of the Prairie Home Companion at the Iowa State Fair.
Much love to you guys.
What is your mailing address? I still need to send you the Aqualung CD.
-Travis

Esue said...

Glad to see you guys here...prayers abound for you...know that. Love you, and cant' wait to see that lemon-lime glory of yours.

myleswerntz said...

hey, look who's gonna get a tan in winter! it was great to see you two in KC.

Sean said...

Surfwax America beats the hell out of "Surfing USA", "Born in the USA", "Born in the USSR", "Surfing in the USSR", "Born on the Surfboard in American (in the Bering Strait by the USSR)" and "Surfing, Waxing and Birthing in the USA and USSR, Respectively". I'm glad to have run into you. (Elvis Costello's "Allison" litterally JUST started playing. An omen, no doubt.) Please to please please please do me the favor of remembering how much I would love to join you for a cheap one on the beach.

Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'...

Sean said...

ps Backgammon, eh? Contact me with more details when the proper time arrises.

zenner's said...

Seaner, tix are CHEAP at the moment. 381 any weekend of September-November. They are not going to get much lower....may all who read take note and consider the same as you....
j and c

travis said...

am i invisible?